The Ultimate Moscow Mule Marinade
Once summer rolls around, it’s all about spending as little time in the kitchen and dirtying as few dishes as possible. Marinades are a great way to infuse a ton of flavor into a dish while achieving both these things. With Fourth of July less than two weeks away and the weather heating up, we thought it was the perfect time to share our version of The Ultimate Moscow Mule Marinade with you.
You already know that ginger, lime and vodka combine to make the perfect cocktail, but did you know they also make the perfect “do” for your favorite protein?
Here at Moscow Copper Co., we take our summer cookouts just as seriously as we do our mules and, after many trials and “quality control” taste tests, we’ve come up with the perfect ratio of all your favorite cocktail’s ingredients to make the ultimate marinade.
The only things you’ll need in addition to the classic trifecta of Moscow Mule ingredients (ginger, lime and vodka,) are some olive oil, mint and, of course, a little salt and pepper. If you already consider yourself a Mulehead, we bet you have most (if not all) of these things close at hand.
Both the lime juice and vodka tenderize whichever protein you decide to marinate, while the ginger beer, lime zest and fresh mint up the flavor factor even more, making this a marinade recipe that you’re going to want to keep close at hand for the duration of the summer.
The other very important piece to The Ultimate Moscow Mule Marinade equation is your favorite protein. Although this marinade would do just fine on a juicy pork chop or well-marbled steak, we highly recommend chicken or your favorite type of seafood to really showcase the Moscow Mule flavors.
And, unlike most marinades, this one needs almost no rest time to really soak into whichever type of protein you use. Chicken breasts need a mere hour in the refrigerator, while seafood will be ready to cook even sooner, in just 30 minutes or so. If that’s not reason enough to sell you on making The Ultimate Moscow Mule Marinade, we don’t know what is.
Maybe the fact that your whole dish can be prepped and ready using just one re-sealable plastic bag and one sauté pan? No messy kitchen here! Any sauté pan will do the trick, but if you’re a serious Mulehead (or just looking for the most fantastic, evenly heated cooking vessel of all time,) you may want to give one of our copper sauté pans a shot. Either way, you’re in for a tasty dinner when you make The Ultimate Moscow Mule Marinade a part of it!
Be sure to share all your tasty Moscow Mule creations on social using #moscowcopper for a chance to be featured on our channels!
The Ultimate Moscow Mule Marinade
Makes enough marinade for 4 servings of your favorite protein
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup ginger beer
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 servings of your favorite protein
- Combine all ingredients except your protein of choice in a re-sealable plastic bag. Add protein, seal bag (allowing all air to escape) and gently massage to make sure your protein gets evenly coated with the marinade.
- For chicken, refrigerate for 1 hour. For seafood, refrigerate for 30 minutes. If using steak or pork, you may want to refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- To cook, you can either melt 1 tablespoon butter in a sauté pan over medium heat, or fire up the grill on medium. If you’re using the sauté pan method, be sure to reserve the extra marinade left in the bag and pour it over top of the chicken while cooking. Sauté or grill until your protein is cooked through and enjoy!