Crafted by: Daniel Fast, Founder of BARchitecture, Las Vegas, NV.
- 1 1/2 ounces Don Julio Blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce Monin habanero lime syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 pieces dried Chile de árbol, one for muddling, one for garnish
- Gosling’s ginger beer
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Muddle one piece of dried Chile de árbol in shaker tin.
- Add the rest of ingredients, except the ginger beer.
- Double strain over fresh ice, then top with Gosling’s ginger beer.
- Garnish with remaining piece of dried Chile de Arbol, and a dusting of cinnamon.
This cocktail’s inspiration came from a desire to take the road less traveled. I like to challenge my skill set and always push myself to try new things — I prefer innovation to repetition. The spicy notes of the chile, ginger and cinnamon blend perfectly for a well-balanced cocktail.