Created by: Alex Haskell, Owner and Beverage Program Director, Iron Station, Brooklyn, NY.
- 1 1/2 ounces pink peppercorn infused vodka
- 1/2 ounce Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce cardamom syrup
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- Club soda
- Mint sprig, for garnish
- Combine Pink Peppercorn Vodka, Barrow’s Intense Ginger, cardamom syrup, bitters and lime juice in a shaker over ice.
- Shake until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Bruise the mint sprig with your hand and place in copper mug with ice.
- Strain all ingredients from the mixer into your copper mug.
- Top with club soda and enjoy!
With the Karamazov, we wanted to create a more complex version of the traditional Moscow Mule. By infusing the vodka with pink peppercorns, we add a slight fruitiness and heat to the base. The cardamom syrup lends a subtle exotic sweetness to the cocktail. Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur is the purest expression of ginger we have ever tasted. We find some ginger beers to have residual chemical flavor notes, whereas the Barrow’s brings only ginger to the party. The mint leaf serves as an aromatic, and helps to open your palate before the first sip.