Created by: Carr Hah, Bar Manager, Big Bar at Alcove, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple-infused Aylesbury Duck vodka
- 3 muddled basil leaves
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- East Imperial ginger beer
- Ginger foam
- Whip shake three muddled basil leaves with the pineapple-infused vodka and lime juice, and then strain into a copper mule mug.
- Add fresh ice, top with ginger foam, slap a fresh basil leaf and garnish.
I was inspired by the fresh produce I can get year round here in LA! I like the bright, slightly sweet pineapple flavor with the sharpness of the ginger. It is very aromatic as you lift the drink to take a sip. The flavors come together to create a very refreshing, quaffable cocktail that I can totally imagine myself sipping on a patio on a pefectly sunny Los Angeles day.