Created by: Ozborne Williams, Bartender, Broadway Bar, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2 ounces Hendrick’s gin
- 1/2-3/4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 slices fresh cucumber
- Fever-Tree ginger beer, to top
- Mint sprig, cucumber wheel, and lemon and lime wedge, for garnish
- Muddle two slices of cucumber in a mixing glass.
- Add gin and lime and shake over a few ice cubes, for no more than three to five seconds.
- Strain contents of the mixing glass over a copper mug filled with ice, top off with Fever-Tree ginger beer, and add garnish.
I love Hendrick’s martinis, and thought it would make a delicious mule-style cocktail. This take is a little different than the classic Moscow Mule with vodka, but it retains the essence of the traditional mule. Hendrick’s gin is such a delicate, fresh, and subtle spirit with its infusion of cucumber, which mixed with the fresh lime, muddled cucumber and ginger beer gives you the perfect balance of freshness with a little zest! The name Seven Sons Mule pays homage to William Grant (the founder of the company that now makes Hendrick’s gin) and his seven sons that helped him build the distillery back in 1886 in Scotland.