By: Jason LaGarenne, Bartender, Lazy Point, New York, NY.
- 2 ounces pistachio infused vodka (see recipe below/ page 00)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Splash ginger ale, to top (optional)
- Add all ingredients, except the ginger ale, to shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Smile! Strain into a Moscow Copper Co. mule mug filled with fresh ice.
- Top with a splash of ginger ale (optional) and garnish with a lime wedge or a lime twist.
Pistachio Infused Vodka:
Steep 20-30 unsalted, raw pistachios (with shells) in a liter of your favorite vodka.
We prefer Reyka Vodka.
Nuts can be added directly to bottle.
Add a dash of Bakto Flavors pistachio extract.
Let steep overnight or longer for best results.
Inspiration for the Pistachio Mule struck one winter while I was sitting in front of a roaring fire, eating a massive bowl of pistachios and watching the New York Rangers play hockey. Between periods, a commercial for pistachios featuring the Korean rapper Psy came on, and I wondered to myself why there were no pistachio flavored vodkas, since they’ve attempted virtually every other flavor. I immediately got to work experimenting with making my own pistachio vodka. It ended up being the key ingredient in an extremely interesting and refreshing variation of the classic Moscow Mule, and eventually became our top selling cocktail.