Cocktail lovers rejoice…
It’s National Cocktail Day–the perfect day to indulge in your favorite beverages in honor of this important liquor enthusiast holiday.
We hope you are setting some time aside today to kick back, relax, and enjoy a drink. We certainly are!
And I’m sure it’s no surprise what cocktail the Moscow Copper team will be celebrating with…
You guessed it, delicious, bold, and refreshing Moscow Mules!
As mule lovers, we’ll never get tired of this classic beverage, but we also understand that it’s nice to mix up your celebratory menu from time to time. After all, who wants to go to a party where they only serve vanilla cake every time.
Which is exactly why, in honor of National Cocktail Day, we’re going to be sharing a handful of our favorite Moscow Mule recipes that will please any palate.
If you’re a fan of the Traditional Moscow Mule recipe, grab your copper mug and fill it on up with your classic mule recipe and start celebrating now.
But, if you’re looking for a new spin on this classic drink, keep reading to find a new mule recipe flavor profile that will leave you wanting celebrate National Cocktail Day every day!
TART AND TANGY MULE RECIPE
If your tastebuds crave tart and tangy flavors, you’re going to love this mule recipe that contains lemon juice, rhubarb bitter, raspberries, and fresh ginger known as the Royal Tart Mule.
- 3 fresh raspberries
- 1 small slice of ginger (about the size of a nickel)
- 2 ounces Earl Grey infused Aviation American Gin ‘
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 5 drop 18.21 Ginger Lemon tincture
- 3 dashes Fee Brothers Rhubarb Bitters
- 2 Dashes Fee Brothers Black Walnut Bitters
- Sparkling water
- Muddle fresh ginger slice and raspberries in a shaking tin.
- Fill shaking tin ¾ of the way full with ice and add all remaining ingredients.
- Shake vigorously and strain.
- Serve in copper mug and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and a raspberry.
TROPICAL FRUIT LOVER’S MULE RECIPE
Every once in awhile it’s nice to indulge in a sweet fruity cocktail. This recipe, known as the Oaxaca Muletail, is made with pineapple, lime, and tequila, and will have you feeling like you’re sitting on a sandy beach in Mexico.
- 1 ½ ounces Montelobos Mezcal
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce Liber and Co. pineapple gum syrup
- 2-3 dashes The Bitter Housewife lime coriander bitters
- East Imperial Thai dry ginger ale
- Blend Mezcal, lime juice, and pineapple gum syrup in a copper mug.
- Top with ginger ale and bitters.
- Garnish with a pineapple leaf fan if desired.
Don’t have your own copper mug to mix this drink with? Get a pure copper mug from Moscow Copper here.
BOLD AND SPICY MULE RECIPE
For those that enjoy a bold, spicy, and more savory, you’ve got to give the Sichuan Mule a try. The spiced pineapple juice, fresh ginger, and crisp ginger beer used in this recipe will leave a lasting impression on your tongue–in a good way, of course!
- 2 ounces Absolut vodka
- 1 ½ ounces spiced pineapple juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce fresh ginger juice
- 1 ½ ounces ginger beer
- Combine all ingredients except ginger beer in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Double strain into a chilled copper mug, filled with cold ice.
- Slowly top with ginger beer.
- Top with hot Sichuan spices if desired.
For more delicious Moscow Mule recipes–perfect for celebrating any holiday throughout the year–pick up a copy of our Mulehead recipe book.
We hope you have a safe and wonderful National Cocktail Day! Bottoms up!