Created by: Hamei Hamedi, Bartender & Owner, Cafe Venezuela, Berkeley, CA.
- 1 3/4 ounces New Amsterdam vodka
- 1/4 ounce Rum Haven coconut rum
- 1/2 ounce fresh muddled pineapple
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces Fever-Tree ginger beer
- 4 drops of kava extract
- Muddle the pineapple, or give it a quick spin in a blender before adding it to the shaker tin. In the tin with the pineapple, add ice, followed by the vodka, coconut rum and lime juice.
- Shake briefly and pour into a Moscow Copper Co. mule mug.
- Top off with ice and Fever-Tree ginger beer.
- Add four drops of kava extract, from a medicine dropper.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple and lime. Salud!
The inspiration for the Moscow Mulada came from my teacher friend Alex. She had just had a rough week, and wanted something extra special to relax. I had just picked up the Kava extract and suggested we try throwing a few drops in a new cocktail. After several trials we settled on the cocktail you see today. The coconut rum and the kava conjure thoughts of tropical vacations suitable for any time of the year.”