Created by: Spencer Taliaferro, Lead Mixologist, Lilt Lounge, Epic Hotel, Miami, FL.
- 1 ounce Hangar 1 Makrut Lime vodka
- 1 ounce Vida mescal
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce agave syrup
- 1 ounce passion fruit purée
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Fever-Tree ginger beer, to top
- Sprig of mint, orange peel, for garnish
- Combine the vodka, mescal, lime juice, agave syrup, passion fruit purée, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Shake well, then fine strain over ice in a copper mug.
- Top with Fever-Tree ginger beer, and garnish with a nice bouquet of fresh mint and an expressed orange peel.
I really enjoy the smoky characteristics of mescal, and the beautiful aromatics from the Makrut Lime vodka. I wanted to create a twist on the classic Moscow Mule, so I stuck with the fresh squeezed lime juice, and used agave syrup as my sugar component. The blend of the Makrut lime vodka, the mescal, the passion fruit and the ginger beer is just a perfect match. At first you get spice from the ginger beer and the mescal, subtle sweetness from the passion fruit, next you taste the cayenne pepper, and lastly the freshly squeezed lime juice brings everything together.