By: Lexy Biller, Bartender, Crane Ramen, Gainesville, Florida.
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 ounce pineapple-sage shrub (see recipe below)
- 3/4 ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 ounces Reyka vodka
- Barritt’s ginger beer
- Combine all ingredients except the ginger beer into a shaker.
- Double shake and fill the mule mub with ice.
- Strain and top with ginger beer
A pineapple leaf.
In a saucepan combine one cup of pineapple juice with two sage leaves and 3/4 of a cup of apple cider vinegar with 3/4 of a cup of sugar. Let the sugar dissolve, and then cool.
As a bartender I have recently been exploring using egg whites in my cocktails — I just love the texture the fluffy whites bring. So I thought incorporating that along side the bold flavors of pineapple – plus the floral component of the elderflower liqueur – would pair super well and come together for a nice a play on a Moscow mule.