Created by: James Moreland, Master Bar Expert, New York City, NY.
- 1 1/2 ounces Punzoné organic vodka
- 1/2 ounce Amaro Montenegro
- Juice of 1/2 a small lime
- 3 1/2-4 ounces Q ginger beer
- Lemon peel, and/or seasonal berries, for garnish
- Fill a Moscow Copper Co. mug well with fresh ice, then add the vodka, the Amaro and the lime juice.
- Top up the mug with quality ginger beer and stir well.
- Garnish with a large twist of lemon and/or fresh, seasonal berries.
One of the hidden gems in the culture of food and drink that still remains elusive is the aperitif cocktail. Amaros are some of the most complex aperitifs to both create and find in the world. In New York City, we are lucky to have great Italian food, wine and spirits — including the elusive Amaro, which here is lifted up by an equally inspired Italian spirit, Punzoné Organic Vodka.