By: Andrew Larson, Creative Lead, The Nolen, San Diego, CA.
- 1 1/2 ounces Aviation gin
- 1/2 ounce fresh juiced beets
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger syrup (equal parts juiced ginger root and sugar)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon syrup (8 cinnamon sticks boiled with one-to-one parts simple syrup and water)
- 1 egg white
- Soda water
- Combine all ingredients into a shaking tin, omitting the soda water.
- Dry shake for 10 seconds.
- Add ice.
- Shake again vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Add soda water to the bottom of the mug.
- Fine strain the cocktail mixure into the mule mug.
- Top with additional soda if desired.
- Add a few drops of bitters, as desired, and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Ginger- beet juice is a favorite beverage of my significant other, she drinks it almost every morning. One day I had the idea of making a bartender approved version. A bit of protein, fresh juice, some spice from the ginger and cinnamon and you can’t forget the gin!