By: Justyn Myers, Bartender, The Interval at Long Now, San Francisco, CA.
How to Make a Haitian Mule
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce honey syrup
- 2 ounces Rhum Barbancourt white rhum
- 2 ounces brut cava
- 5 medium basil leaves
- 5 medium slices fresh young ginger
- Muddle fresh ginger with the lime juice, honey syrup and Rhum in a mixing tin.
- Add basil leaves, ice and shake.
- Add cava to tin and double strain everything into a mule mug over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.
Basil, lime and ginger are a match made in heaven, and those flavors pair perfectly with the grassy funkiness of Rhum Barbancourt.