Created by: Angel Teta, Bar Manager, Ataula, Portland, OR.
- 1 3/4 ounces Absolut Elyx
- 3/4 ounce Cigarrera Manzanilla sherry
- 1/4 ounce Starvation Alley Farms cold pressed cranberry juice
- 1/4 ounce natural cane sugar simple syrup, 1:1 ratio
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 3/4 ounces Fever-Tree ginger beer
- Shake all ingredients together, except the ginger beer, then double strain into a copper mug.
- Add the ginger beer, and top with pebble ice.
- Garnish with two short stir straws and a manicured lemon peel wrapped around four skewered, dried cranberries.
Every fine drinking establishment needs a Moscow Mule these days, be it a dive bar or a proper restaurant bar. I found that adding sherry dried the ginger beer out quite nicely, and added a slight salinity that makes you want to snack on something. This was a perfect fit for my program, as we are a Catalan inspired tapas spot with incredible food. The cranberry juice I use is Starvation Alley Farms, an 100% organic cold pressed product that has such a vibrant flavor, it makes for a fantastic mule variation.