Created by: Kimber Weissert, Head Bartender, Wallace’s Taproom, Pittsburgh, PA.
- 1 1/2 ounces Montelobos mezcal
- 1 ounce Ancho Reyes chili liqueur
- 1 ounce Perfect Purée mango purée
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 5 dashes Hella Bitters Smoke chili bitters
- Barritt’s ginger beer, to top
- Dried chili mango piece, and lime peels, for garnish
- In shaker combine mezcal, Ancho Reyes, mango purée, lime juice and bitters.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a copper mule mug, add fresh ice, and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a piece of dried chili mango, rolled into a rose, with two small lime peels, on a cocktail pin.
My favorite Mexican treat, dried chili mango pieces. When I was a child, a family friend would bring dried chili mango back after traveling to Mexico, and to me it was always a very special treat. So I thought, why not make a favorite childhood treat into a fantastic cocktail?