Created by: Guido Sardi, Beverage Manager, The Clubhouse, Sydney, Australia.
- 1 1/2 ounces Bulleit Rye whiskey
- 1 1/2 ounces Stone’s Original Green Ginger Wine
- 2 1/2 ounces yuzu soda (see recipe, page 00)
- 1/2 ounce ginger-agave nectar (see recipe, page 00)
- 3 drops cherry bitters
- 2 shiso leaves and a mescal-soaked cherry, for garnish
- Combine the ginger-agave nectar and ginger wine in a shaker and stir without ice until well mixed.
- Add the rye whiskey and ice and shake until well chilled.
- Then strain into a copper mug filled with a few cubes of ice, and top up with the yuzu soda.
- Fill up the mug with crushed ice, and dash three drops of cherry bitters on the surface of the drink.
- Garnish with two shiso leaves and a mezcal-soaked cherry, and serve.
The name plays on the buck family of cocktails, and the more generally known bucket list. In this case a mist refers to the phenomenon where warm air (your hands) meets a sudden cooling (such as this category of drinks). My recent trip to Japan, and a bar manager role I held in a Japanese cocktail bar and restaurant, played a decisive role in the creation of this concoction.
Add equal parts of yuzu juice and filtered water to a CO2 siphon and charge.
Simmer one ounce of peeled ginger for every 10 ounces of agave nectar for 20 minutes. Chill before use.