Created by: Shannon Stiggins, Bar Program Director, The V Palm Springs, Elixir Bar and Solstice Restaurant, all in Palm Springs, CA.
- 1 1/2 ounces Rhum Barbancourt
- 1/2 ounce Montelobos mezcal
- 1/2 ounce ginger syrup
- 1/2 ounce beet juice
- 3/4 ounce lime
- Pinch of salt
- Fever-Tree ginger beer
- Pina leaf, ginger candy and dehydrated lime wheel, for garnish
- Shake Rhum, mezcal, ginger syrup, beet juice, lime and salt.
- Then strain into charged mug, and top off with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a pina leaf, ginger candy and dehydrated lime wheel.
There’s a pressed juice I love called Pink Punk that has ginger and beet in it, and I thought a mule variation with rum and mezcal would be amazing — healthy yet boozy!