- 2 ounces Aviation American Gin
- 1/2 ounces kaffir lime and lemongrass water
- 1/2 ounce galangal syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon anhydrous citric acid
- 1 ounce passion fruit purée
- Club soda, to top
- Sprig of cilantro, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in an empty copper mug.
- Fill with four cubes of Kold-Draft ice, and top with club soda.
- Stir and garnish with a generous sprig of cilantro.
While many of my cocktails are Cuban, for this mule I took my inspiration from Thailand. The drink features galangal, which is a wonderful substitution for those who love a ginger syrup — and it packs more of a punch. The drink is vegan friendly, and the ingredients stay true to most traditional Thai dishes, including the sprig of cilantro as a garnish.