New Year’s Eve Champagne Moscow Mule
The Perfect Moscow Mule for New Year’s Eve
Champagne is the drink of new years, everyone knows that. Still, after a year as interesting as 2017 was, one can’t be faulted for wanting to change the status quo, to ring in the new year with something that says, “2018 is going to be different”. What better way to do that than a brand new twist on the Moscow Mule?
This drink is the perfect cocktail to ring in the New Year (or any chilly winter evening spent by the fire). Combining the effervescence of a dry brut champagne, the added kick of vodka, and the peppery flavour and aromatics of ginger bitters and juice, this cocktail is a fantastic twist on the classic Mule.
So give this truly unique, and dare we say, sophisticated take on the traditional Mule this holiday season. It’s one that is sure to excite the taste buds of both you and your guests.
- Vodka (grain-distilled is preferable here)
- Brut-type Champagne (unsweetened, the dryer the better)
- Ginger Bitters
- Ginger Juice (you can get this at most high-end grocery stores or any health food shop)
- Lime wedges
- Fresh mint
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Combine 1.5oz of vodka, 3-4 drops ginger bitters, and 1 ½ tablespoons of ginger juice.
- Shake mixture well
- Pour into a chilled Mule Mug filled with ice
- Top with champagne
- Garnish with lime wedge and fresh mint
- Sit back, sip and enjoy the countdown!
*Note: Some ginger juice is unfiltered, containing solids that will cloud your drink. If you can’t find filtered juice, simply take your unfiltered product and strain it through a coffee filter to clarify it.